Add os config file to VM image

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Add os config file to VM image
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 18:02:20 -0600

I work on a virtual machine generated with "guix system vm-image". Due to
the recent core updates, the vm image will need to fall out of date unless
it can be updated and reconfigured. Right now, the best way to reconfigure
the vm image is to copy the system definition onto the image, then run guix
system reconfigure.

This can be a hassle depending on the host, virtual machine manager, etc.
used. I think it would be useful to copy the system configuration to the
resulting system when it is generated so it can be used to keep a system up-
to-date in the future. Is there something I can add to a configuration to
accomplish this? I think it would be useful to others.

I tried using this-operating-system, but I haven't had any luck even seeing
what it contains.