Re: Non-standard builds, autoconf and gcc

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Non-standard builds, autoconf and gcc
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 09:25:28 -0700

Hi Todor,

> I am trying to define a package that builds a source which has
>
> a non-standard build procedure. It's a mix of autotools packages and
> something else. My first attempt was to use the trivial builder...

What is the something else? If it the shape of the build follows the gnu steps
with some extra autotools, you may be able to use modify-phases. You would get
the majority of the unpacking, replacement of relevant paths, and more. Then
you could add some extra steps to work in the autotools specifics. My
experience with the trivial builder is that it is best for union builds and
copying some files but not much more.

Good luck,

John