Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:42:20 +0200

Hi,

> I'm installing Gnu GuixSD on a machine with a configuration slightly
> changed from "bare bones" and using `guix-daemon --cores=8
> --max-jobs=8 --substitute-urls="https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org"`

Note that mirror.hydra.gnu.org is defunct.  You should use
ci.guix.gnu.org, which is the only build farm that is provided by the
Guix project.

> I used to run `guix system` without `skip-checks` and run with
> `skip-checks` again after the former was failed, but this error still
> occurs.

The manual says:

‘--skip-checks’
     Skip pre-installation safety checks.

     By default, ‘guix system init’ and ‘guix system reconfigure’
     perform safety checks: they make sure the file systems that appear
     in the ‘operating-system’ declaration actually exist (*note File
     Systems::), and that any Linux kernel modules that may be needed at
     boot time are listed in ‘initrd-modules’ (*note Initial RAM
     Disk::).  Passing this option skips these tests altogether.

This is unrelated to compiling code that can use Guile Charting at
runtime.  The warning is harmless.

--
Ricardo