Re: Question about Licenses.

From: marinus.savoritias
Subject: Re: Question about Licenses.
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 20:42:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ricardo,

Ok I got it. That raises three questions for me though.

1.) I remember from what I have read on gnu.org that if one part of the program
is GPL-3 or in general GPL that means everything becomes GPL. So as I
understand that is the reason the program becomes GPL-2+, correct? Or does the
original license of GPL-2 applies for the whole program?
2.) Should I contact Gentoo to correct it? Because I checked a couple of files
from kdenlive too and they said GPL-2+.
3.) Why are saying that they are GPL-2 then and not GPL-2+? Is it just a case
of not updating the COPYING file or their site? Because the Dolphin File
Manager also says GPL-2+ in a lot of files but their site says GPL-2.

Regards,
FanisSep 15, 2019, 19:15 by address@hidden: