Re: How to build only Guix Manual

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: How to build only Guix Manual
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 10:16:02 +0200

Le 3 septembre 2019 02:37:25 GMT+02:00, Rafael Fontenelle <address@hidden> a
écrit :
>Julien,
>
>Thanks, it is helping me a lot to fix errors in anchors and references
>already. But the compilation is not successfully completing because
>some os-config-* can not found -- indeed, I notice there is no
>os-config-* in the build tree (no pt_BR neither English one).
>
>See output of `make doc/guix.pt_BR.html' (it seems safe to ignore po4a
>"seems outdated" messages):
>
>  PO4A doc/contributing.pt_BR.texi
>Your input po file po/doc/guix-manual.pt_BR.po seems outdated (The
>amount of entries differ between files: 7994 is not 228
>). Please consider running po4a-updatepo to refresh it.
>  POXREF doc/contributing.pt_BR.texi
>mv "doc/contributing.pt_BR.texi.tmp" "doc/contributing.pt_BR.texi"
>  PO4A doc/guix.pt_BR.texi
>Your input po file po/doc/guix-manual.pt_BR.po seems outdated (The
>amount of entries differ between files: 7994 is not 8055
>). Please consider running po4a-updatepo to refresh it.
>sed -i "s|guix\.info|$(basename "doc/guix.pt_BR.texi" | sed
>'s|texi$|info|')|" "doc/guix.pt_BR.texi.tmp"
>  POXREF doc/guix.pt_BR.texi
>mv "doc/guix.pt_BR.texi.tmp" "doc/guix.pt_BR.texi"
>Updating ./doc/version-pt_BR.texi
>  MAKEINFO doc/guix.pt_BR.html
>doc/guix.pt_BR.texi:10287: @include: could not find
>os-config-bare-bones-pt_BR.texi
>doc/guix.pt_BR.texi:10422: @include: could not find
>os-config-desktop-pt_BR.texi
>doc/guix.pt_BR.texi:10429: @include: could not find
>os-config-lightweight-desktop-pt_BR.texi
>make: *** [Makefile:4228: doc/guix.pt_BR.html] Error 1
>
>Any suggestion?
>
>Em seg, 2 de set de 2019 às 17:04, Julien Lepiller
><address@hidden> escreveu:
>>
>> Le Mon, 2 Sep 2019 16:41:22 -0300,
>> Rafael Fontenelle <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm translating Guix Manual to Brazilian Portuguese, and I want to
>> > build only the documentation (not the software) in order to test my
>> > translation.
>> >
>> > What I've got so far found:
>> > 1- doc/build.scm : line 9 : added "pt_BR" to the list of languages
>> > 2- doc/local.mk : line 21 : added guix.pt_BR.texi to info_TEXINFOS
>> > 3- doc/local.mk : line 34 : added guix/contributing.pt_BR.texi to
>> > TRANSLATED_INFO
>> > 4- po/doc/local.mk: line 58: added "guix-manual.pt_BR.po" to
>> > DOC_PO_FILES
>> >
>> > Is there a way for me to build only the Guix Manual (not the
>> > software)?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Rafael Fontenelle
>> >

>> Hi Rafael,
>>
>> thanks for taking the time to translate the manual!
>>
>> You can build the manual only by configuring the repository. If you
>are
>> running guix, you can simply run `guix environment guix` inside your
>> current git checkout. Otherwise, you will need to install the
>required
> [...]

I don't understand why they are not generated when building individual info
manuals. You can build these files with:

make doc/os-config-bare-bones.texi
ect

Note that we don't provide a way to translate these examples yet, so you'll
have to use the English filename for now, or help us get them translated :)