Scripting guix in guile

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Scripting guix in guile
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 19:03:37 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'd like to write Guile scripts that inspect Guix, for example analyze
the packages is my profile. That turned out to be a lot more difficult
than I expected, and in fact I haven't found a satisfying general
solution yet, meaning a script that I could publish in such a way that
any Guix user could download and run it without modification.

The problems I see are

 1. What to put into the #! line to locate Guile.
 2. How to construct the load path to make sure it includes
    Guix as installed under $HOME/.config/guix/current

I wonder if could somehow hijack 'guix repl', which solves these
problems for a REPL but not for scripts.

Any ideas?

Konrad