Re: guix pull behind proxy not working

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: guix pull behind proxy not working
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:52:50 -0300

Em 2019-08-15T21:20:27+0200, Marius Bakke escreveu:
> I think you also need these variables in the environment that invokes
> the 'guix' command.  Does it work if you export these variables before
> running guix, in addition to having them in the daemon environment?

I think that makes no difference, as the Guix manual in
[[info:guix#Proxy Settings]] says:

    Substitutes are downloaded over HTTP or HTTPS. The ‘http_proxy’
    environment variable can be set in the environment of ‘guix-daemon’
    and is honored for downloads of substitutes.  Note that the value of
    ‘http_proxy’ in the environment where ‘guix build’, ‘guix package’,
    and other client commands are run has _absolutely no effect_.

Anyway I verified I had those environment variables in the environment
of guix pull, and I got "Connection timed out".

I should add that I configured Gnome to use my workplace automatic proxy
configuration; but for applications (such as GNU Emacs) that do not
integrate with Gnome proxy settings I have set up ntlmaps, which is why
the http{,s}_proxy environment variables point to localhost.  This works
fine with Emacs, both for package installation and for the EWW web
browser.  Even ~git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git~
(outside of guix pull) works.  In fact, is there a convenient way to
tell guix to use a repository I have pulled myself, with git?

Regards
--
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z