Re: CV Assistant

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: CV Assistant
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 17:24:39 +0000

Hey Raghav!

Thanks for your time and patience with Guix. I love to see you continue to
use it!  Do you think you could try packaging CV Assistant yourself?
I suggest packaging it yourself for several reasons:

- Guix is an incredibly hackable system. If nothing else, I enjoy working
on and owning my own system. Not only can you make the system what you
want, but it is fun to work on.
- You may find confidence to package your own packages in the future. It
seems like you are very curious about a lot of linux software and writing
packages is an excellent way to get a deeper understanding of various
software ecosystems.
- Did I mention it is fun? Lisp is an excellent language and using it will
teach you a lot.

I hope you will at least try someday.

Kindest regards,

John