network-manager-openconnect setup

From: Santana, Divan
Subject: network-manager-openconnect setup
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 20:34:04 +0000

Hi Guix,

I'm glad to see network-manager-openconnect is now packaged! :) Thank
you to who ever did that.

Trying to use it, after I installed it system wide and rebooted I get
this;

~ ᐅ sudo nmcli con up vpn-fnb --ask
Error: Connection activation failed: The VPN service
'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openconnect' was not installed.

I read the manual which says:

     ‘vpn-plugins’ (default: ‘'()’)
          This is the list of available plugins for virtual private
          networks (VPNs).  An example of this is the
          ‘network-manager-openvpn’ package, which allows NetworkManager
          to manage VPNs via OpenVPN.

I therefore tried this in my config

(network-manager-service-type
 config => (network-manager-configuration
            (inherit config)
            (dns "dnsmasq")
            (vpn-plugins '("network-manager-openconnect"))
            ))

But I get this error:

~ ᐅ sudo -E guix system reconfigure  ~/.config/guix/system-config/swift.scm
Password:
Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29 19 (map1 (#<package sed@4.5 gnu/packages/commencement.s…> …))
   592:29 18 (map1 (#<package diffutils@3.6 gnu/packages/bootstra…> …))
   592:29 17 (map1 (#<package patch@2.7.6 gnu/packages/bootstrap.…> …))
   592:29 16 (map1 (#<package gawk@4.2.1 gnu/packages/bootstrap.s…> …))
   592:29 15 (map1 (#<package tar@1.30 gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm…> …))
   592:29 14 (map1 (#<package gzip@1.9 gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm…> …))
   592:29 13 (map1 (#<package bzip2@1.0.6 gnu/packages/bootstrap.…> …))
   592:29 12 (map1 (#<package xz@5.2.4 gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm…> …))
   592:29 11 (map1 (#<package lzip@1.20 gnu/packages/compression.…> …))
   592:29 10 (map1 (#<package shepherd@0.6.1 gnu/packages/admin.s…> …))
   592:29  9 (map1 (#<package guix@1.0.1-3.4a54ed7 gnu/packages/p…> …))
   592:29  8 (map1 (#<package elogind@241.3 gnu/packages/freedesk…> …))
   592:29  7 (map1 (#<package upower@0.99.10 gnu/packages/gnome.s…> …))
   592:29  6 (map1 (#<package udisks@2.7.7 gnu/packages/freedeskt…> …))
   592:29  5 (map1 (#<package wpa-supplicant@2.9 gnu/packages/adm…> …))
   592:29  4 (map1 (#<package network-manager@1.10.10 gnu/package…> …))
   592:17  3 (map1 ("network-manager-openconnect" #<package libvir…>))
In guix/inferior.scm:
   588:24  2 (inferior-package->manifest-entry "network-manager-ope…" …)
    363:4  1 (inferior-package-input-field "network-manager-opencon…" …)
   307:18  0 (inferior-package-field _ _)

guix/inferior.scm:307:18: In procedure inferior-package-field:
In procedure struct_vtable: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
struct): "network-manager-openconnect"

What am I doing wrong?

Seperate topic:

Bonus points for anyone who knows why when I copy and paste into Emacs I
get these weird characters.

   588:24  2 (inferior-package->manifest-entry "network-manager-ope…" …)

This email is subject to a disclaimer.

Visit the FNB website and view the email disclaimer by clicking the "About FNB
+ Legal" and "Legal Matters" links.
If you are unable to access our website, please contact us to send you a copy
of the email disclaimer.