Re: Customize PAM configuration

From: Jone
Subject: Re: Customize PAM configuration
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 18:55:57 +0000

Thanks, Timothy! And sorry for my bad english.

> I don’t fully understand what you are trying to do

It's elementary! One password for any "local services", such as sudo, GPG
encryption, etc. The password is entered once at login and exported
to environment variable. As a result, password is available during the user
session (for some automation with bash scripts).
>From a security perspective, this well normal decision, in my opinion.

Thanks for this example. I haven't used G-Expressions yet. In my case, the
final
script will of course be ordinary bash script (maybe in ~/).

What can you say about this idea?