Re: Customize PAM configuration

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Customize PAM configuration
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 10:44:35 -0400

Hi Jone,

Jone <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello! I want enter user/root password only once per session. To do this,
> it will probably be convenient to export the password to shell variable.
> For example, adding this to PAM configuration file:
>
>    auth sufficient pam_exec.so expose_authtok /path/to/script.sh
>
> But how to write it in system-config.scm? Sorry, I couldn't find any examples.

I don’t fully understand what you are trying to do, but here’s your
example translated into Guix:

(operating-system
  (pam-services (append (list (pam-service
                               (name "my-pam-service") ; or whatever
                               (auth (list (pam-entry
                                            (control "sufficient")
                                            (module "pam_exec.so")
                                            (arguments
                                             (list "expose_authok"
                                                   "/path/to/script.sh")))))))
                        (base-pam-services))))

Note that the “arguments” field of “pam-entry” takes G-Expressions.
This means that the script you want to execute could be a Guile script
built using “program-file”.  Alternatively, it could be a shell script
built using “computed-file” or some script that is outside of the store
using an absolute path.

Hope that helps!

-- Tim