Re: TeX Live and ConTeXt

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: TeX Live and ConTeXt
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 14:25:59 +0200

Marco van Hulten <address@hidden> writes:

> Je  3 aug 20:15 skribis Ricardo:
>> > I installed texlive-context-base.  Now I want to compile a document,
>> > but there is an issue:
>>
>> the TeX Live packages in Guix are getting an overhaul on the
>> “wip-texlive” branch.  We are still waiting for all affected packages to
>> be built.
>>
>> With some luck these changes will help you.
>
> Yes, and in case the issue persists after the overhaul I'll pick up the
> problem then.  For now I'll use TeX and friends on my non-Guix systems.

You can also install the big “texlive” package, which should also work.
It’s just really, really big, slow to download and install, but it works
just fine.

If you’ve got the space to space I’d recommend using it.  The modular
TeX Live packages — even after the overhaul — won’t be any better
(featurewise) compared to the big “texlive” package.

--
Ricardo