Re: Xfce4 localization in Guix System for only one exact user

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Xfce4 localization in Guix System for only one exact user
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 09:01:41 +0000

Yes, Julien, you are right!
Changing config file to this:

(operating-system ...
                  (locale "ru_RU.utf8"))

and running as root:

# guix pull
# guix package -u
# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
# guix package -u

made all my applications work on Russian: Xfce, Gimp, LibreOffice, Audacity and
so on:

http://0x0.st/zOsk.png

But the next question is: how to make Russian environment only for defined
user, not for all users?

You said, my DM may have it. I use Slim and did not found such configs. Also
`guix search xfce` did not display something like xfce4-settings. And I did not
found language settings in xfce settings manager.

My question rests unanswered.