Help Installing GuixSD on ThinkPad X60 tablet

From: BYRON ELIAS MOLINA HERMOSILLA
Subject: Help Installing GuixSD on ThinkPad X60 tablet
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:22:37 +0000

Hi!

I'm having a problem I hope someone can help me with :( I just got a
refurbished ThinkPad X60 Tablet with 3GB RAM and a 128 SSD, and I was reading
about the free distros that are available so I could later install libreboot
and saw there was Guix, and I found it great! But the thing is, it wouldn't
work :(

I downloaded the i686 iso and flashed it to a 3.0 USB Kingston DataTraveler
with Balena Etcher, it worked fine, it booted, I followed the graphical
install, set the language and keymap, location, and chose to use full disk with
separate home partition and full encryption, I also selected i3 and openbox as
desktops and lastly mozilla https and tor network.

It installed without errors, and asked me to reboot, after that it asked me the
/ encryption passphrase, got to the grub screen, then asked me the home
passphrase, aaand... it booted to Gnu Guile! And by typing ",help guix" it only
showed me the option to switch to bournish language! I read every single
command that ",help all" showed me but none helped, I saw also something about
"repl" in the welcome message but tried it and the command didn't work either.

Then I thought maybe it was something about the greeter not being installed so
I reinstalled with Gnome and i3 but same thing, booted to Guile, and I don't
know how to boot the os itself.

If anyone knows what I did wrong or had a similar situation, I would gladly
appreciate it, I really wanted to try out Guix :( If you need any more
information, I can provide. Thanks in advance!

Byron ElĂ­as Molina Hermosilla,

Software Engineering Student,

INACAP Renca, Chile.