Re: Booting GUIX in single user

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Booting GUIX in single user
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:42:22 +0200

[Re-CC'ing help-guix@.]

Alexander Asteroth 写道:
I misinterpreted —root as the equivalent to single.

Aha, nope, sorry.

So currently the only rescue option would be the repl?

Yep.  It's a Scheme REPL that also has a *very* rough ‘,bournish’
mode, but it's (ironically) not very useful with Guix because it lacks tab-completion (fun with store hashes!) and any useful line-editing or
history (so if you make a typo you can type the whole thing anew).
That's true for the Scheme mode, too.

Believe me, I am not defending the status quo of Guix rescue modes.

Your current best option is booting a live medium like the Guix
installer to free up some space and reboot.

Kind regards,

T G-R