Re: Installing Guix from source

From: Reza Alizadeh Majd
Subject: Re: Installing Guix from source
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 15:09:02 +0430

Hi Ricardo,

> What do you mean by “detected”?  On any GNU system shell commands are
> mapped to executables by looking for matching executables in any of the
> directories listed in the PATH environment variable.  If there are more
> than one executable of a name, the order of directories on PATH
> determines which of them is returned.

I know that I can set PATH in order to load my preferred version of guix
instead of
previously installed one. what I mean is that I want to replace whole previous
installation, with this new one.

for example since I modified default channels for guix, there are various
versions
of `channels.scm` exists on my machine, I want that guix uses my provided
configurations instead of the version originally existed in store.

Regards,
Reza