Starting guix-daemon using systemctl doesn't work

From: hgs
Subject: Starting guix-daemon using systemctl doesn't work
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 13:07:25 +0000

Hi,
I installed Guix package manger on my machine running Fedora 30 using the
automatic script recommended in the Binary Installation
part(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html

(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html)).
While running guix commands, I got the following error:

guix build: error: failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket':
Connection refused

I found that guix-daemon process is not running( `ps -aux | grep "[g]uix"`
returned nothing). There is a guix-daemon.service file in /etc/systemd/system/
but running `systemctl start guix-daemon` is not running the daemon.

Manually starting the daemon with `

        ~root/.config/guix/current/bin/guix-daemon
--build-users-group=guixbuild`
as mentioned in the 5th section of Binary Installation starts the daemon and
guix works normally as expected.

Thanks and Regards,
Hari G