Re: bug#36498: modem["ttyUSB0"]: error starting PPP: Could not find "ppp

From: Adam Mazurkiewicz
Subject: Re: bug#36498: modem["ttyUSB0"]: error starting PPP: Could not find "pppd" binary
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:13:22 +0200

Hi Florian, thank you for your replies. Well, during my attempt to
prepare an environment to use the prefix ./pre-inst-env, I had to
install a package guile. Because it is told in Contributing Guix
article:

Building from Git: -> "When building Guix from a checkout, the
following packages are required in addition to those mentioned in the
installation instructions (see Requirements)." -> Requirements -> GNU
Guile, version 2.2.x;

And the GNU Guile, version 2.2.6 is present in Guix packages. So I
have tried to add this guile package to my config,scm in the common
way. So I put it into `use-modules' form and `packages' in this way:

(use-modules
(gnu)
(gnu system nss)
(gnu packages freedesktop)
(gnu packages admin)
(gnu services dbus)
(gnu services desktop)
(gnu services sound)
(gnu packages backup)
(gnu packages glib)
(gnu packages gnuzilla)
(gnu packages pulseaudio)
(gnu packages version-control)
(gnu packages haskell-apps)
(gnu packages emacs)
(gnu packages emacs-xyz)
(gnu packages cmake)
(gnu packages statistics)
(gnu packages finance)
(gnu packages protobuf)
(gnu packages guile)  ;;-----------------------------------------!!
(...)
        (gnu services networking))
(...)
(operating-system
(...)
(packages
(append
(list
nss-certs
openssh

network-manager-openvpn
modem-manager
network-manager-applet

icecat
pavucontrol
file-roller
git
git-annex-remote-hubic
git-annex

emacs
emacs-ag
emacs-cmake-mode
emacs-ess
emacs-flycheck
emacs-guix
emacs-ledger-mode
emacs-linum-relative
emacs-magit
emacs-minimal
emacs-no-x
emacs-no-x-toolkit
emacs-powerline
emacs-protobuf-mode
emacs-rainbow-delimiters
emacs-rainbow-identifiers
emacs-smart-mode-line
emacs-undo-tree
emacs-xwidgets
guile ;;-----------------------------------------!!!
(...)

But an error occured during reconfigure process:
s@s /root/debianek/home/s/mirrors/work-tree-06july/guix$ sudo -E guix
system reconfigure /root/debianek/home/s/Dropbox/Guix/scm1/config.scm
/root/debianek/home/s/Dropbox/Guix/scm1/config.scm:81:9: error: guile:
unbound variable
hint: Did you forget a `use-modules' form?
s@s

So how to install guile?
Regards