Re: Integrating many packages in Guix at once

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Integrating many packages in Guix at once
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 09:32:32 +0200

Le 7 juillet 2019 09:18:46 GMT+02:00, "Todor Kondić" <address@hidden> a écrit :
>Hi,
>
>Our work at LCSB-ECI
>https://wwwen.uni.lu/lcsb/research/environmental_cheminformatics
>depends on few top-level R packages such as RMassBank, ReSOLUTION and
>RChemMass. These pull in many massspec related dependencies that I
>noticed (last time i checked) are not yet in the official Guix.
>
>What is the best strategy to integrate all those packages and the
>dependencies in Guix? A single commit? A package per commit (this
>sounds like i won't have time for that)? Suggestions are appreciated.
>
>The packages in question are available as a public Guix channel from:
>https://git-r3lab.uni.lu/eci/eci-pkg-menu
>
>Thanks!
>
>Todor

Hi,

We always do one package per commit. Unless I oversaw something, it's only a
dozen packages, so it shouldn't be too difficult to copy-paste them in guix'
sources, right? Before that, you'll have to make sure the description contains
only full sentences. (The easiest way is to start with "R-something is …")

Once you have one commit per package, you can send them all together with git
send-email.

Thanks for your work!