Re: switch off cpu fan on lenovo g50-30

From: znavko
Subject: Re: switch off cpu fan on lenovo g50-30
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 20:50:19 +0000

yes. I ran, but thinkfan cannot use module:

# modprobe thinkpad_acpi fan_control=1
#
# thinkfan

ERROR: SensorDriver: Initializing fan control in /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal: No
such file or directory

Say me how to type thinkpad.conf to use thinkpad_acpi module?

# modinfo thinkpad_acpi
filename:
/run/booted-system/kernel/lib/modules/5.1.15-gnu/kernel/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.ko
license:        GPL
version:        0.26
author:         Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <address@hidden>
author:         Borislav Deianov <address@hidden>
alias:          dmi:bvnIBM:bvrI[MU]ET??WW*
alias:          tpacpi
srcversion:     0CECBC9452E671846F915F0
alias:          acpi*:LEN0268:*
alias:          acpi*:LEN0068:*
alias:          acpi*:IBM0068:*
depends:        snd,video,ledtrig-audio,nvram
retpoline:      Y
intree:         Y
name:           thinkpad_acpi
vermagic:       5.1.15-gnu SMP mod_unload modversions

should I somehow define this modules file in thinkfan.conf?