Re: PLEASE! Input Attach Service

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: PLEASE! Input Attach Service
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 15:50:01 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
So I did "sudo cat /dev/ttyS4" in the terminal. After 10 seconds, the
cursor blinking stopped,

This is probably just your terminal emulator helpfully stopping the cursor blink after 10 ‘idle’ seconds to save a tiny bit of power, not related to the serial port.

then I touched the screen with the pen, it
started giving output non-stop. Like the output never stopped, I had to
close the terminal.

It's not what I'd naively expect, but sure. Maybe the protocol expects some kind of ACK and keeps retransmitting otherwise. Maybe the protocol's weird.

Is this a good sign that my touch screen is
attached to serial port 4?

Yes!

Kind regards,

T G-R