Re: Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL

From: Jens Mølgaard
Subject: Re: Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 23:06:50 +1200

Hi Ricardo,

> It might be used by some other dependency.  Have you tried to located
> the different openssl variants in the output of “guix graph”?

Thanks, I forgot about graph! I can see openssl@1.0.2p seems to be a
dependency of 7 packages in the graph of owncloud-client, and 10
packages for nextcloud-client.

They are: python, python2, python-minimal, python-pyopenssl,
python-cryptography, qtbase, ruby, mariadb, postgresql, w3m

Candidates I can see:

- qtbase: But I would expect the website to mention if qtbase needs
built with OpenSSL 1.1.x

- mariadb: Propagates openssl for some reason, but is not a direct
  dependency.

Is there any way to explore this without changing the openssl version
for each of those packages in turn?

Thanks,
Jens M