Re: List available versions of package.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: List available versions of package.
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 21:08:01 +0200

Philippe,

Le mar. 11 juin 2019 à 09:43, Philippe Veber <address@hidden> a écrit :
Hello Tobias, and thanks a lot for your answer!

I completely missed this reply.  I am so sorry.

Philippe Veber wrote:
Hello everyone,

FWIW, I tried the exact example given in the manual [0] and it failed, although for a different reason. It does a lot of work until it reaches an exception (the build of profile.drv fails). Could someone confirm this
should work?

Pasting the contents of that first code box into ‘foo’ and running ‘guix environment -m foo’ works fine for me on today's guix.

Could you tell us which command you're using and what the result is?

Also, is it expected that packages from guix commits dating
from a few years ago will still work in this setting? Thanks!

I'm not sure. There have been some watershed moments in those years, and I don't know how well inferiors would isolate those changes, if at all.

Kind regards,

T G-R