Re: editing /etc/sudoers

From: Jeff Bauer
Subject: Re: editing /etc/sudoers
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:02:30 -0500

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:03:20AM -0700, John Soo wrote:
>    Sorry this is so confusing. Let me know if I’m missed something since
>    I’ve been half-following this thread. I think what you may want to do
>    is use the sudoers-file field when specifying your operating system
>    rather than using visudo to edit the file. This way you will have
>    persistent and declarative specification for the sudoers file. The
>    sudoers-file field allows you to place an arbitrary file-like object in
>    it, so you can put whatever you want to add using visudo there and it
>    will work the same. Check the manual for
>    reference: [1]https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/ope
>    rating_002dsystem-Reference.html#operating_002dsystem-Reference

John,

Correct, I got my local sudoers working a few
days ago, so there's no longer any confusion on
my end (but thanks for your reply).

However, guix's visudo should probably be patched
to allow editing of a *local* ~/etc/sudoers file,
which currently won't work because /usr/bin/vi
appears to be hard-coded.

-Jeff