Re: Cannot install Guix 1.0.1 on Asus K50C

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Cannot install Guix 1.0.1 on Asus K50C
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 10:39:53 +0200

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 08:17:56AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, Florian! I have reinit system with config like this:
>
> (initrd-modules (append (list "sata_sis")
> %base-initrd-modules))
>
> where underscore is placed instead of dash: sata_sis.

Yes.

> I did not understand where should I type --skip-checks, sorry.

Maybe you do not need it.  If it fails without --skip-checks, it is
`guix system reconfigure --skip-checks /path/to/your/config.scm`.
Please try without --skip-checks first.  It may be a bug if this is
necessary.

> I use BIOS Grub, so I created a separate partition of type BIOS boot and size
> 76Mb. Am I right of
> its size?

I believe it is sufficient, although you do not need to use a separate
/boot partition.

> Also, may be I need to update by usb flash, cause there is Guix 1.0.1 of age
> 3 weeks. Might be the
> new image has some bugfixes for me?

I do not know if there were changes to kernel modules.

> Please, should I type /dev/sda everywhere in config.scm instead of /dev/sdb?
> When I boot to usb my ssd disk is showing like /dev/sdb, but when I boot from
> ssd disk it is /dev/sda, so this config does not work. And this ubiquitous
> option was not described in manual. I always read:
> "For legacy systems, the target field names a device, like /dev/sda;... "
>
> So, what to do?

Please use UUIDs to name the devices, as described in the manual.

Regards,
Florian