Re: On youtube-viewer first use (GTK)

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: On youtube-viewer first use (GTK)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 14:33:25 -0500

---- On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 14:03:28 -0500 Raghav Gururajan <address@hidden> wrote
----

 > > I've seen some mentions of this application around here and wanted to try
 > > it out. When you launch it, it seems to be broken, you can search videos,
 > > but you can't watch them (you double-click on them and nothing happens). I
 > > had to start "gtk-youtube-viewer" from a terminal to check for errors. I
 > > had a bad experience, but, in summary, I'm now able to watch the videos
 > > after doing the following:
 >
 > Same thing happening to me. There was a discussion about this in this
 > mail-list.
 > But cou;dn't figure out what was the issue. Seems like a bug.
 >
 > > 1. Install "youtube-dl".
 >
 > I am afraid it's actually `Install "youtube-viewer"`.

No, I mean that after having "youtube-viewer" installed, I had to install
"youtube-dl" manually because the former seems to depend on the latter.
Launching "gtk-youtube-viewer" from a terminal would display a message about
"youtube-dl" not found or something like that. That's why I say it seems like a
bug.