Re: Error al extraer iso guix GNU con linux

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Error al extraer iso guix GNU con linux
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:27:22 +0200

Good morning!

sirgazil wrote:
[I wrote]:
sirgazil wrote:
As far as I can see, Jorge is not trying to decompress the ISO but the ".iso.xz" file, which you have to decompress before copying it to the installation media.

No…

I say so because the first step in the manual for "Copying to a USB Stick" and "Burning on a DVD" says, "Decompress the image using the
xz command: xz -d guix-system-install-1.0.1.system.iso.xz".

Exactly: ‘decompress the image’, not ‘decompress the image and extract all its files’, as was being done in the screenshot. That's a pretty big difference!

Hence why it's best to follow the commands given in the manual: even if one doesn't know the difference between ‘decompressing’ and ‘extracting’ above, the command will do the right thing for you.

Kind regards,

T G-R