Version of package fontforge

From: Tilman List
Subject: Version of package fontforge
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 12:41:08 +0200

Hello,

when I tried to compile lilypond, I had some problems with the package
fontforge. In Guix it is listed as version 20190317, but when I do "fontforge
--version", i get:

Copyright (c) 2000-2018 by George Williams. See AUTHORS for Contributors.
 with many parts BSD <http://fontforge.org/license.html>;;. Please read LICENSE.
 Based on sources from 00:00 UTC  1-Jan-1970-ML-D.
 Based on source from git with hash:
fontforge 00:00 UTC  1-Jan-1970
libfontforge 19700101

So lilypond's configure script complains about the version of fontforge. I
think that the right version is installed, but there went something wrong with
the date indicating the version. It seems that no matter which release I
compile the compiled program always shows the date of compilation as the
version. I do not have this problem, when I compile the fontforge package -- I
actually compiled the the release 20190317 and the compiled program shows the
version 20190603... But when installing it via "guix install fontforge" it has
the version 19700101. Do you have any ideas, how I can fix that?

Thank you!

Tilman