Help With Openvpn Configuration

From: oury . dustin
Subject: Help With Openvpn Configuration
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 15:14:25 +0200

I've attempted to install all relevant packages in Guix, and tried to check on IRC to no avail. What I'm trying to do is to get a .ovpn file configured via gnome, but looking around most suggest installing a package named network-manager-openvpn-gnome which doesn't yet exist in Guix repos.

This leads me to use a workaround where I run: sudo openvpn --config /home/ruki/my_file.ovpn, but I'd rather not run it as root if at all possible.

I'm really wanting this to be fixed or solved at some point, but I'm not sure what to do at this point.