Re: Do not use tor with browsers other than tor browser

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Do not use tor with browsers other than tor browser
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 08:38:46 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> This is interesting because on GuixSD 1.0.1 when I download tor
> browser and try to start it I receive an error
>
> ruki@guix ~/Downloads/tor-browser_en-US$ ./start-tor-browser.desktop
> bash: ./start-tor-browser.desktop: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: No
> such file or directory

This is likely because the binary you have will expect the loader at
/lib64/ld-linux….so (or similar), which doesn’t exist on Guix systems.
The loader is provided by the GNU C library and you may need to patch
the binary with patchelf to override the interpreter.

An alternative might be to install the C library and link its loader
binary to the expected location, but we can’t guarantee that this would
work.

--
Ricardo