Re: use case: installing several user administrated workstations

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: use case: installing several user administrated workstations
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 16:52:36 +0200

Hi,

swedebugia <address@hidden> skribis:

> Guix System is not IMHO ready for people who are not interested in
> learning enough guile to write/correct/adapt a config.scm.

My hope is that people would be able to quickly learn enough to get
their OS config into shape, without having to “learn Guile”, or not
explicitly so.

There are things we should do to help achieve that goal, such as
improving error reporting, but that remains an important goal for me.
It’s about empowering users.

> We/someone have yet to make gui tools to handle the reconfiguring of
> the system easier for non-tech users.

Perhaps we could reuse bits of the installer to assist users in fiddling
with their config.

Thanks,
Ludo’.