Re: Initial variables value?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Initial variables value?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 10:05:11 +0200

Le 19 mai 2019 08:36:27 GMT+02:00, Adam Mazurkiewicz <address@hidden> a écrit :
>How to watch the initial variables values? There are some important
>variables used in config.scm file. What would be the recommended way
>to extract eg the variable of %desktop-services ? And where are they
>declared?

Hi,

There are different ways to find these values. You can grep through the code
from https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git for the web version). You can also
run `guix repl` and type the variable name (you might need to import some
modules before, I didn't check). Most of the time however, these variables are
explained in the manual.

For %desktop-services, the actual definition is around here:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/services/desktop.scm#n1047

For default values of records, you'll have look at the code or the manual.
Services are defined in gnu/services/*.scm.