Re: Package recommended environment variables

From: ison
Subject: Re: Package recommended environment variables
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 18:52:56 -0600

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these always get placed into
~/.guix-profile/etc/profile
Right now mine seems almost identical to the output of
guix package --search-paths
with the only difference being that the values in that file are prepended to the
existing ones. Therefore all you should have to do to ensure you always have the
right vars is to just source that file.

I have this in my ~/.profile and as far as I can tell it always gives me any
vars that guix tells me to set

[[ -f /etc/profile ]] && source /etc/profile
[[ -f ${HOME}/.guix-profile/etc/profile ]] && source
${HOME}/.guix-profile/etc/profile