Re: Adding a polkit-service to fix networkmanager

From: Adam Mazurkiewicz
Subject: Re: Adding a polkit-service to fix networkmanager
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 02:46:59 +0200

śr., 8 maj 2019 o 14:55 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Hello,
>
> Adam Mazurkiewicz <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > I installed networkmanager in my Xfce Desktop Environment, but it did
> > not allow to add new connections.
>
> What application do you use to manage NetworkManager connectivity?  (The
> ‘network-manager’ package provides core ‘network-manager’, but on GNOME
> for instance the graphical application is ‘network-manager-applet’.)
I use 'network-manager-applet'. My recent config.sch (which did not
fix the privileges issue) is this:
(use-modules (gnu) (gnu system nss))
(use-service-modules desktop xorg ssh)
(use-package-modules certs gnome ssh)

(operating-system
  (host-name "antelope")
  (timezone "Europe/Paris")
  (locale "en_US.utf8")

  (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "us" "altgr-intl"))

  (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
                (bootloader grub-bootloader)
                (target "/dev/sda")
                (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))

  (file-systems (append
                 (list (file-system
                         (device (file-system-label "guixsd"))
                         (mount-point "/")
                         (type "ext4"))(file-system
                         (device (file-system-label "debianek"))
                         (mount-point "/home/s/.local/debianek")
                         (type "ext4")))
                 %base-file-systems))

  (users (cons (user-account
                (name "me")
                (comment "me")
                (group "users")
                (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev"
                                        "audio" "video")))
               %base-user-accounts))

  (packages (append (list
                     nss-certs
    openssh
    network-manager-applet
                     gvfs)
                    %base-packages))

  (services (append (list (service gnome-desktop-service-type)
                          (service xfce-desktop-service-type)
                          (set-xorg-configuration
                           (xorg-configuration
                            (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout))))
                    %desktop-services))

  (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss))

> >   ;; This is where we specify system-wide packages.
> >   (packages (cons* icecat
>
> As a side note, I would recommend keeping application in your user
> profile rather than globally installed.  That provides more flexibility.
To achieve it I should process an 'guix reconfigure' command as a
local user with a special config.sch?

> Thanks,
> Ludo’.
Thanks,