Re: Adding Services

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Adding Services
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 06:57:05 -0700

Hi Amar,

I recommend reading the manual sections on service definitions. I think that
will clear up any confusion. For this configuration there are two suggestions I
have:

  - closely check the way the `service` procedure is used. It takes the service
type and a configuration like below. It is not valid to apply the type to the
configuration.

(service oddmuse-service-type
  (oddmuse-configuration ...))

  - The configuration need not use `inherit` if you intend to take the
defaults. The record type’s defaults will be used already when using the
construction procedure. The configuration would look like this:

(oddmuse-configuration
  (root “blah”)
   ...)

Hope that helps.