Re: Guix System 1.0: No audio

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Guix System 1.0: No audio
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 12:38:21 -0500

---- On Sun, 05 May 2019 07:07:48 -0500 pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
<address@hidden> wrote ----

 > On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 06:52:39AM -0500, sirgazil wrote:
 > > Florian, for some reason, the speakers worked today. I'm not sure if
 > > running alsamixer yesterday after your instructions had anything to do
 > > with it or booting without the headphones plugged. Those are the only
 > > different things (related to sound) that I've done before starting the
 > > machine today. GNOME even displays some information when I plug the
 > > headphones. It didn't do this before.
 > >

 > On my father’s PC booting with or without audio 3.5mm plug headphones
 > makes a difference.
 >

 > > One thing I noticed when booting is an error that says something like
 > > this:
 > >
 > >    Error: "pcspkr" is already registered, aborting.
 > >

 > I see this too.
 >
 > > I wonder if that is related. Although the speakers worked anyways.
 > >
 > > Thank you, Florian.
 > >

 > I am happy to help (and happy that Linux-libre is unrelated). :)
 >
 > Regards,
 > Florian

I reported a bug about the sound issue (https://issues.guix.info/issue/35599).
However, it seems the problem was related to a bug with the installer
(https://issues.guix.info/issue/35541). After working around the installer
issue as described in the manual
(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Guided-Graphical-Installation.html#Guided-Graphical-Installation),
 I get sound every time I restart the machine. I will try for a few more days,
and see if I can close the bug I reported.