Re: IceCat from Guix all monospaced font – Summary

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: IceCat from Guix all monospaced font – Summary
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 19:43:50 +0200

Hello HWRoitzsch,

HWRoitzsch <address@hidden> writes:

> So apparently all that was needed after the steps suggested on the
> mailing list was a restart of my machine or possibly a re-login.

may it be connected to the evironment?

I guess you are using Guix System on bare metal or VM, I'm using Guix on
a foreign distro instead

sometime installing new software updates $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile [1]
adding needed env variables, those variables are usually loaded via
~/.profile when using Guix on foreign distro so sometimes I have to
reload ~/.profile to get an updated environment

I have not enough experience with a full Guix System: could it be the
same? this would explain why you had to logout/login for IceCat to use
the right fonts

[...]

HTH! Gio'

[1] GUIX_PROFILE="$HOME/.guix-profile" (means using default profile)

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures