Re: IceCat from Guix all monospaced font

From: ison
Subject: Re: IceCat from Guix all monospaced font
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 13:25:35 -0600

Icecat is a GTK3 application. Have you tried setting your GTK3 font?
You can do so with an application like lxappearance
(under the "widget" tab, select "Default font")

Alternatively you can set it manually.
If I'm not mistaken it should be in the file: ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
At the bare minimum I think you should have this:

[Settings]
gtk-font-name=<My Font> <Weight> <Size>

The weight can be things like "Regular", "Medium", or "Bold" or other variants
Make sure your font is being located correctly by fontconfig. You can test it
with: fc-match "My Font"

Also, for the record you might want to check what gets returned when you just
type fc-match with no options. Because that's usually the default most
applications will select, and it sounds like you might have it set to a
monospace font, which probably isn't the best setting in general.