Re: guile scheme tutorial

From: amirouche
Subject: Re: guile scheme tutorial
Date: Sat, 04 May 2019 13:02:08 +0200

On 2019-05-04 08:08, rendaw wrote:
On 5/3/19 9:45 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Hello!

(Whoops, replied with the wrong account.)

Oh, this is great!  I've actually been putting together a small Guix
guide here:
https://gitlab.com/rendaw/blog/blob/master/how_to_guix_for_those_who_dont.md

It has a small Guile primer, but it doesn't go into depth or have any
hands on examples like yours.  My goal was to cover just enough so that
people could understand Guix configs (or at least 90% of them), so no
recursion, etc.  I'm glad you got into records, I just kind of handwaved
that away ("they're functions", not 100% sure this is correct either).

That is good. The beginning looks like guix is not worthwhile and then
you continue in the second page with an introduction to guile and guix.
I find it nice actually.

I spotted a minor error:

  (system* (string-append #$openssl "/bin/openssl")
           "genrsa" "-out" private-key "2048"))

https://gitlab.com/rendaw/blog/blob/master/how_to_guix_for_those_who_dont.md#running-executables

Indeed you can run programs like that but in guix it is preferred to run
with invoke, see the source :)

Thanks for sharing!