Re: Services and log management/monitoring

From: rendaw
Subject: Re: Services and log management/monitoring
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 17:32:48 +0900

On 5/4/19 5:24 PM, Chris Marusich wrote:
> I've been thinking about trying to rewrite
> that section in a way that makes it easier to understand services for a
> first-time reader, but I haven't yet done it.

Ah, I'm totally for that!  I thought though if my previous post wasn't
over the line, suggesting (or contributing) a complete rewrite would.
I'd offer the section from my guide on services but as I mentioned
before I hand waved some stuff that I never managed to figure out
(activation/boot service task ordering, how they handle failures, etc).