Re: paps not found after migrating VM

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: paps not found after migrating VM
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 22:31:31 +0200

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 15:05:19 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> /build-video.sh
> Entering a Guix container to build the videos.
> Available packages in the container: paps make imagemagick guile
> ffmpeg inkscape coreutils findutils cairo-xcb
> guix environment: error: paps: unknown package
>
> Paps is installed. Here I show the output of 'which paps' 'guix
> --version' and 'guix package -I'
>
> New VM that doesn't work:
> <-----------------------------------starts here
> --------------------------------------------->
> guix --version
> guix (GNU Guix) 0.16.0
> Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors

I wonder about the version. It should be 0.16.0 only after
installation. Did you ever do a 'guix pull'?

If you did pull, then you should have as version one of the latest
commit ids:

guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) e01bd1a67447c1f2a2b5b03e8ea8fbbccd2cd5bd
Copyright (C) 2019 the Guix authors

Compare also the copyright year!

paps was added this year, on: 2019-01-05

If after a guix pull you still see the wrong guix version, maybe
something in your PATH is pointing to the wrong guix?

Look at `which guix`, it should be somehting like:

/home/user/.config/guix/current/bin/guix

Björn