Re: Uninstall/Install Guix (Ludovic Court?s)

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Uninstall/Install Guix (Ludovic Court?s)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 12:33:03 +0200

Hi!

As mentioned on the list, I recently had the same problem: How to uninstall Guix (completely) and then reinstall it?

What helped me in the end eas the following Arch wiki entry:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Guix#Uninstalling_Guix

(Adapt this to what the commands and locations look like on your OS.)

However, out of the box reinstalling Guix will not work 100% after this. You also need to restart the guix daemon, otherwise the socket might not exist, which was one problem I faced, when I did this. After restarting the daemon, I was able to reinstall Guix without even restarting my machine or logging out and back in or any such things.

Regards,

Zelphir