Re: Guix [ /-o] [for the elderly / por maljunauloj]

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Guix [ /-o] [for the elderly / por maljunauloj]
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 21:32:11 +0200

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:31:01AM -0700, Quiliro Ordonez wrote:
> (Esperanto on top. English on the bottom.)
>
> Saluton amikoj:
> Mi serĉas solvon en Guix-o por la maljunuloj. Ĝi devas esti tre facila
> de uzi, havi malmulte elektopowvojn/ikonojn kaj esti malalta de procesoj
> memoraj. Kiom vi rekomendas?
>
> Greetings friends:
> I search for a solution in Guix for the elderly. It must be very easy to
> use, have the least number of options/icons and be low on processes to
> remember. What do you suggest?
>
> [Dankon. / Thank you.]
> Quiliro

For my grandmother I set up “Web Apps” with Epiphany (a.k.a. GNOME
Web) for Wikipedia, News, Weather, etc.  Then I copied the .desktop
files for these Web Apps from ~/.local/share/applications to the
Desktop folder for desktop icons (launchable with a single click via
an extension for GNOME Shell, alternatively with a different shell).
There also is a symlink to the Pictures and Videos directories on the
desktop.  She still barely uses her computer though.  A touchscreen
would have made it easier to use the desktop interface compared to a
scary touchpad with left and right button.

Regards,
Florian