Re: guix pull package output truncated

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: guix pull package output truncated
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 00:44:44 +0200

Sleepy hullo,

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
There’s currently no flag to change this behavior. Instead, you have to
run ‘guix pull -l’ but it’s arguably not very convenient.

Perhaps we could add an environment variable specifying whether/how to
truncate?  I’d keep the default as it is now.

AIUC, this list of changes is displayed once and then ‘lost’ (to the average user) when they clear their screen, right?

Or is there a command that returns this nice list of differences between two guix-profiles that we could suggest running when the default is truncated? It could default to current and current-1, and would solve both (minor) irritations.

Am I making sense?

T G-R