Re: guix pull package output truncated

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guix pull package output truncated
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:11:34 +0200

Hello!

mikadoZero <address@hidden> skribis:

> Recently the output of guix pull has changed.  It no longer gives the
> complete output for the "New in this revision" section.

For the record, I did that after seeing that, when you don’t upgrade
every two days or so, your screen could easily be filled by tens of
lines of packages.

> Is there a flag I can pass to guix pull to turn off this truncation.  I
> found it informative to be able to see all the packages that were being
> added and upgraded and would like to continue to be able to see all the
> packages.

There’s currently no flag to change this behavior.  Instead, you have to
run ‘guix pull -l’ but it’s arguably not very convenient.

Perhaps we could add an environment variable specifying whether/how to
truncate?  I’d keep the default as it is now.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.