Re: trackpad and icecat trouble

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: trackpad and icecat trouble
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:50:24 -0400

So, an update on this issue.  I recently black listed usbkbd and usbmouse, I
switched to the sway wm, and I disabled gdm.  So now I log into a virtual
console, and i have a bash script that auto starts sway.  My mouse works
perfectly, and sway is rock stable!  I'm really impressed with it.   You might
give that a try.

Here is my kernel-arguments line.

  (kernel-arguments
'("modprobe.blacklist=usbkbd,usbmouse,dm_crypt,pata_acpi,joydev"))

Here is my autostart sway command:  ~/.bash_profile

# Honor per-interactive-shell startup file
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then . ~/.bashrc; fi

#auto start sway on login
if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] && [[ $(tty) = /dev/tty1 ]]; then
    exec sway
fi

You can set the environmental variable XKB_DEFAULT_LAYOUT="dvorak", and sway
will honor that.  Or you can just a sway config file to ~/.config/sway/config.

I'll attach my config.  Maybe it'll help you out Efraim.

Thanks,

Joshua