Re: Updating Packages

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Updating Packages
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:48:14 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
It seems like, when I do "guix package -u", only packages installed by user are upgraded. It also seems like, when I do "guix system reconfigure", only system installed packages are upgraded.

Yes, that's how it works.

I gather (’…seems…’) that you didn't find this clearly explained in the documentation? Could you suggest an improvement?

How to update packages in both system-profile and user-profile, at the same time?

I don't know whether it's possible to (easily) apply both updates within the same transaction from the command line.

Unless you really need to: guix pull && guix system reconfigure … && guix package -u ….

Kind regards,

T G-R