Re: kicking off nm again

From: znavko
Subject: Re: kicking off nm again
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 07:44:06 +0000

I've read an actual guix manual pages from the local source tree, figured out
the consist of %desktop-services Scheme variable and retyped my config. These
things were done there: removing gdm-service-type, adding slim-service-type and
configuring slim-service-type to work with touchpad. Then `guix system
reconfigure /etc/config.scm' was run. gdm disappeared, as you said. It will not
pull GNOME 3 stuff now.

                  (services (cons*
                             (service xfce-desktop-service-type)
                             (service dhcp-client-service-type)
                             (service slim-service-type)

                             (modify-services
                              (remove (lambda (service)
                                        (member (service-kind service)
                                                (list ntp-service-type
avahi-service-type
                                                      bluetooth-service
network-manager-service-type
                                                      gdm-service-type)))
                                      %desktop-services) ;end of remove lambda
services

                              (wpa-supplicant-service-type config =>

(wpa-supplicant-configuration
                                                            (interface "wlp2s0")
                                                            (config-file
"/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")))

                              (slim-service-type config =>
                                                (slim-configuration
                                                 (xorg-configuration
                                                  (xorg-configuration
                                                   (extra-config
                                                    '("Section \"InputClass\"
Identifier \"touchpad\"
Driver \"libinput\"
MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"
Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"
EndSection")
                                                    )))))

                              (elogind-service-type
                               c => (elogind-configuration (handle-lid-switch
'ignore)))
                              ) ;;end of modify-services
                             )) ;;end of services

Thank you, Mark!