Re: Way to synchronize files like Dropbox

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Way to synchronize files like Dropbox
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 18:05:27 +0200

mikadoZero <address@hidden> writes:

> You could look into:
>
> * rsync
> * duplicity
> * syncthing

if you can ssh to remote hosts, unison is an alternative

...or better use git-annex: install it and try it with "git annex
webapp"; it supports remote ssh servers, Rsync.net or S3 cloud accounts
out of the box, there are also some “special remotes” [1] we can use
with git-annex but only git-annex-remote-hubic has been packaged for
Guix (I used the Hubic remote some time ago and it worked well)

have a look to the Assistant screencast to get an idea:
https://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/

[1] https://git-annex.branchable.com/special_remotes/

...maybe not so “user friendly” as Nextcloud but definitely much more
powerful, decentralized and flexible (location tracking of my
distributed archives is a _great_ feature)

HTH! Gio’

[...]

--
Giovanni Biscuolo