xorg-configuration questions

From: John Soo
Subject: xorg-configuration questions
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 21:12:53 +0000

Hey all,

I love the idea of having one record for keyboard layout and I just reconfigured my system with the new configuration but my settings won't take. I've had issues with the old `extra-config` options in the past (nothing worked then including the cst-trackball from below). Admittedly, I am quite unfamiliar with xorg configuration of input devices so I can imagine I may be doing something wrong. I've listed what I have so far below. Note that the console keymap works properly. Also the auto-login does not seem to work either. What am I doing wrong?

(define ctrl-nocaps (keyboard-layout "us" #:options '("ctrl:nocaps"))
(define cst-trackball
 "Section \"InputClass\"
    Identifier \"CST Trackball\"
    Driver \"libinput\"
    MatchVendor \"CST\"
    MatchProduct \"CST USB UNITRAC\"
    MatchIsPointer \"on\"
    Option \"AccelerationNumerator\" \"2.0\" EndSection")
(modify-services %desktop-services
('gdm-service-type c =>
 (gdm-configuration
  (inherit c)